Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rainy Days, Sunny Days

We've had a LOT of rain. And storms. And the occasional outburst of sun. Today is beautiful - sunny and temps in the 70s. Here's a few photos of our place and some things I've been working on this week.

Stormy skies yesterday.

 I stayed indoors, using the rainy time to get studio work done - like last night.

Today I woke up to beautiful crystal blue skies...

...so I opened up all the windows! 

Casey keeping watch (sleepily) from the loft above.

Outside the front door - the big green tarp is covering my slab roller. 
Gotta put that into gear today and get some pendants and connectors made.


Stuff I've been working on...

A new WoolyWire order for Lima Beads - with new packaging!



Coming soon to our WoolyWireEtc etsy shop: Beads for WoolyWire - 
Tube beads to wrap WoolyWire onto to add beautiful color and texture to jewelry designs.

Here's some samples with WoolyWire - I love how these look!


 I spent some time earlier this week photographing beads I made just before moving. Many of these are styles I will be taking to Bead Fest Philly this August, where I will be vending (yay!).


I also made some new things, including OWLS!!! Plus more whales and other goodies...

Little Owlie Beads!




Urchin Blossoms - a new set of beads I'm working on.

That's it in a nutshell - I'm really enjoying being here, even the rainy days. :)

10 comments :

  1. Ooh. Urchin blossoms. I cant wait to see the glaze puddle in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing view! Who couldn't be inspired by that every day?! I wish it was 70's here! Maybe I want to live in NY and CO instead of CO and MO. LOL. The WW new packaging looks AWESOME! Love the WW beads too! Love all of the new clay and styles! Great post! xo Genea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are settling in, love all the lil owls! Welcome to the county :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post, Karen! Loved your beautiful surroundings, the peek into your studio and all that lovely WW and ceramic!!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post - your view is just amazing, the "spool" beads to display Wooly wire is genius and I WANT one of your whale beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful peaceful place full of muse. No wonder your work is so gorgeous! I am so interested in your wooly beads. Please let me know when they will be on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post. Great pics, good use of time and I love your watch dog. I spent the day making jewelry today with a sleepy friend nearby. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That WoolyWire is genius very unique idea.

    ReplyDelete